Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Infertility and the Holidays


I saw this post over at My Heart Exults blog a while ago and was saving it until now. It's perfect in so many ways and I just had to re-share.

The post entails a list of how to handle IF'ers around the holidays. I hope it brings sensitivity and compassion during a time that's difficult for so many of us.


I'm headed out to Adoration tonight and will be blasting the album, This House You're Building on the way thereI'm horribly tone deaf so it won't be pretty but, I don't care. Thank you God for the healing lyrics of Audrey Assad. Her song Everything is Yours speaks so beautifully to my pitiful, broken IF heart. I'm still processing through the pregnancy news I received, but I'm getting there. As the song suggests, I'm letting it go, it was never mine to hold.

I'm also working on a post about grief and the holidays. I'm hoping it will be of some help and comfort. Stay tuned!

9 comments:

Rebecca said...

Love Audrey Assad - blared her in the car yesterday, and I'm tone deaf right along with you...I've decided God made me tone deaf, so He'll have to live with my singing...ahem.

I love the song Carry Me - "as I carry this cross, You'll carry me, Help me believe it." Really the whole song...

Ania said...

Rebecca, I bawl like a baby whenever it's on!

Natalie said...

Thank you so much for sharing this Ania. It is very helpful for friends and family who cannot understand the burden and pain of infertility. I learned a lot from it as well. I will continue to pray for you during the Christmas season, that is may be more joy to you than pain. My prayers continue to be with you! I'm so glad you're rocking out to Audrey Assad's album. I LOVE it too. It was such a great instrument of healing to me during my miscarriage. Awesome stuff!

Ania said...

Glad it helped Natalie! Thanks for your prayers and support. Yay for Audrey Assad, thanks for sharing her with me!

Marjorie said...

Never heard of Audrey, I will have to check her out. I love the blog My Heart Exhults! She's so real and it's really helpful to know what women with IF suffer.

Ania said...

Audrey is great, you should def. check her out. I love My Heart Exults too!

My Heart Exults... said...

Awww...you girls are so sweet! Those days are still so very close to my heart and I still cry over the pain it caused, and causes. I'm praying for you!!!

Patiently Waiting...... said...

Must check out this Audrey...never heard of her! I would love for you to share your post about grief around the holidays. I hope Adoration was healing for you, Ania!

"All in His Perfect Timing" said...

It was SO good to re-read MHE's post. I need to copy it and send it to family members. :-) Of course, I'm too chicken to do it.